Monday, 30th January
So this week has been a success. We’ve managed to get our film in a reasonable state – we just now need to add a few more shots into the mix.
We’ve got a scene where two friends are in a photobooth together. We placed a white piece of plastic to pretend to be a photo. We want to grab a photo with the actress(s) who took part in this scene, and add that in. We’ve left about ten seconds for this, as we’re wanting to get a few shots of these photographs being shown.
Katie designed a text-based logo for the film, and has exported that for our film. We’re placing it at the end of the clip, away from our introducing titles. The two fonts clash together, but they both work really well when apart.
I went out earlier this week whilst editing to quickly grab a shot of a tree in the light, and the sound of some birds tweeting. We’re placing this at the end of the film, to signify a new day. We’re showing this and cutting here, as the brief stated we should show the first two minutes of a film, and we’re not going to engineer our film so that the audience knows what’s happening 24/7.
I’m going to go out and get a few more static shots and environment shots – we think there might be a need for them, just in-case some things go a little wrong.